Friday, November 30, 2012

Nature

I remind myself that I am part of Nature, which means that I am inseparable from it. I do not have this "ego" or "I" that grants me the privilege of isolation from the world. Consequently, I am a being-in-space-time bounded by the interdependent causes/conditions (whether determinate or indeterminate) that circumscribes  my personal identity to the point that it constitutes it. To try to separate myself from Nature would be like pulling mass out of matter, both are inseparable as I am inseparable from Nature. This reminds me that since impermanence or change is ubiquitous in Nature as much as it is essential to Nature, my existence would be an ephemeral and contingent feature of Nature. I am a wave of the vast ocean, a dune on the surface of changing sands. My existence would be a moment from the point of view of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment